I started writing software as a kid in BASIC on my Commodore 64. I switched to an IBM AT machine as a teen and continued writing in BASIC for DOS and later Visual Basic for Windows. I've then switched to Pascal and later on to C/C++. I had then my first contacts with Linux, that later became my primary working platform, and transitioned to Java as main development language. Nowadays I can also use interpreted languages like Perl and Python and also develop for the Android mobile platform.
Software written for Linux.
Software written in Java.
- vsitegen, web site generator tool for software projects.
- dbpatcher, a tool for applying incremental updates to a MySQL or MariaDB database.
- gradle-dbpatcher-plugin, a Gradle plugin for dbpatcher.
- gradle-jarinjar-plugin, a Gradle plugin for generating self-contained executable jar files.
Maven, Spring and Hibernate have no home here!
Software written for Android based devices.
- Omat lähdöt, real time information about departures from public transportation stops in the Helsinki area.